How much does it cost overall?
Which Apple devices/iOS versions for Weather4D?
- iPhone 4s and above
- iPad Mini 1 and above
- iPad 2 and above
- iPad Pro (all models)
- iOS 9 and above
iPad “4G” compatibility option is recommended. Wifi only iPads can however connect to the NMEA GPS through a local wifi when available.
Which Android versions are supported?
How to access wave and current models after upgrading?
Additional models are:
- ARPEGE Global 0,5 ° (4 days)
- MFWAM wave models from Météo-France, 3 resolutions for 3 covers: Global, Europe and France
- NCOM current models at 1/30 ° (2 NM) for US and Caribbean coastal areas
Otherwise, 35+ models are now available for the same subscription price as prior to the Weather4D Lite, Routing and Routing & Navigation releases. A single subscription can be shared across up to 5 devices.
To subscribe, go to Global Settings scroll down and tap on the price next to the price label and follow instructions in the App Store.
If you plan to use Weather4D on several devices (up to 5 devices), create an account within the application. Type in a user id and password to create the account and register the first device. On the other devices enter the same credentials to register them and access the subscription.
How do I subscribe to get additional weather models?
Launch Weather4D. In Global Settings , scroll down down and tap on price label. Then, Account option allows entering a user id and password to register the device, in order to use subscription with up to five devices.
More information is available in Weather4D user guide in section 2.3 “Weather forecast models with subscription” section on page 14.
How do I generate a polar specific to my boat?
The prefered way is to use the iPolar application and to import the generated file into Weather4D Routing or Weather4D Routing & Navigation.
It is also possible to import a spreadsheet made with Microsoft Excel or Numbers in csv format.
More information is available in the Weather4D User Guide section 2.2 “Import a speed polar with iPolar” and section 2.3 “Import a speed polar from a spreadsheet”.
What does "Error / Failed to calculate routing” mean?
- First waypoint is too close to the coast (even with setting “Minimum distance from the coast” = 0). The first waypoint must be at least 0.5 NM (1,000 m.) far from vector coastline (the white coast contour within the configured weather zone displayed on BING map).
- First waypoint outside the weather zone, that is the grid outer green dots when one outlines the area, not the semi-transparent white square (Zoom-in to see the grid).
- Route length is shorter than the weather model resolution: your route is between two consecutive grid dots.
- Setting options “Max TWS Up, Down TWS Max, Max Waves Ht” lower than the weather forecast data along the route.
- Polar Settings modified for the basic sail set (Main+Jib): TWS Max value too low and/or TWS Min ≠ 0.
More information is available in the free User Guide
How to upgrade to Weather4D Routing & Navigation?
Upgrade from Weather4D
Step 1: Update to Weather4D Lite
Step 2: Upgrade to Weather4D Routing & Navigation
Note: Upgrade happens by purchasing a bundle containing Weather4D Lite and Weather4D Routing & Navigation. As Weather4D was purchased before, the App Store will charge only the difference between the bundle price and the price paid for Weather4D.
Upgrade from Weather4D Lite
Note: Upgrade happens by purchasing a bundle containing Weather4D Lite and Weather4D Routing & Navigation. As Weather4D Lite was purchased before, the App Store will charge only the difference between the bundle price and the price paid for Weather4D Lite.
Upgrade from Weather4D Pro
Step 1: Update to Weather4D Routing
Step 2: Upgrade to Weather4D Routing & Navigation
Note: Upgrade happens by purchasing a bundle containing Weather4D Routing and Weather4D Routing & Navigation. As Weather4D Pro was purchased before, the App Store will charge only the difference between the bundle price and the price paid for Weather4D Pro.
Upgrade from Weather4D Routing
Note: Upgrade happens by purchasing a bundle containing Weather4D Routing and Weather4D Routing & Navigation. As Weather4D Routing was purchased before, the App Store will charge only the difference between the bundle price and the price paid for Weather4D Routing.
How do I subscribe to get nautical charts*?
For more information, please check “Subscription to GeoGarage marine charts” on page 6 of “Navigation & Weather Routing” User Guide.
* Nautical charts are supported only by Weather4D Routing & Navigation.
How do I connect Weather4D Routing & Navigation to the NMEA*?
How do I get started with Iridium Go! ?
- Ensure the latest Iridium Go! firmware is installed. To do so, visit http://www.iridiumgo.com/update. A zip file will download automatically. It includes the firmware file and release notes in a pdf file.
- Follow the release notes instructions.
- Ensure your device is connected to the Iridium Go! wifi network
- In the Wi-Fi settings of your iPad / iPhone for the “Iridium-xxxx” access point, make sure the PROXY HTTP configuration is disabled.
- Create a small zone with only GFS. For testing purposes, keep the GRIB file size around 50 KB.
- Watch this video